Financial Engagement Coach (Customer Sales & Service Rep)
Earning a paycheck at a job is easy, but a career helping people reach their goals and realize dreams…that is rewarding!
Americans often learn about finances from their families and friends, or just go it alone. The need for expert help is real, especially when so many face uncertain economic futures.
At Air Academy Credit Union (AACU) our Financial Engagement Coaches (Member/Customer Service Representatives) are our frontline heroes who create positive outcomes every single day in the lives of our members by providing custom, caring financial solutions. Our Financial Engagement Coaches have the opportunity to earn the designation of Certified Credit Union Financial Counselor (CCUFC) through the nationally recognized CUNA Financial Counseling Certification Program (FiCEP). As a Financial Engagement Coach, you will build relationships with members, identify both their short-term financial needs and long-term financial goals, and provide them with product recommendations and financial education tools help them make sound financial decisions and position them for overall financial well-being.
At AACU full-time employees enjoy a dynamic and growth oriented corporate culture, comprehensive benefits package, including paid sick and vacation time, medical, dental, and vision plans, and a robust 401K plan. Additionally, full-time employees are eligible for a tuition reimbursement program after 90 days of employment to help you reach your professional goals. Join our team and be a part of an organization that is passionate about doing what is right for members and helping them achieve their financial goals no matter how big or small.
- Act as a trusted advisor to help members identify financial goals, provide tailored recommendations, and develop actionable plans to increase overall financial well-being.
- Conduct basic financial transactions to include cash handling, account opening, and account maintenance, as well as processing loans and maintaining loan accounts.
- Develop and nurture relationships with current members and potential members based on a foundation of trust, transparency, and commitment to financial well-being.
- Serve as a credit union brand ambassador at local community events by engaging event attendees and promoting credit union products and services. Events could take place after regular business hours or on weekends.
- Be a financial technology guru for members. Educate members about the credit union’s robust online and mobile banking features and electronic services. Identify and recommend solutions to enhance each members’ banking experience and provide maximum convenience.
- Be an advocate for each member. Demonstrate unwavering pursuit of doing what is right for every member, every time, with every interaction.
- Embody AACU’s core values of integrity, quality, service, and community.
- Member Focused – Members are our priority. Serving our membership with a sense of urgency is our goal every day.
- Patient – Investing in our relationships with members. Listening to members and delivering a personalized approach to helping members achieve financial wellness.
- Compassionate – Actively listening to and collaborating with members to create a positive and supportive environment as we help them navigate their financial journey.
- Adaptable – Ability to change gears quickly to meet member needs.
- Decisive – Acting with confidence and providing clear solutions and recommendations when interacting with members.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Availability to work branch hours as needed including some Saturdays.
- Ability to educate and promote credit union products and services.
- Meets or exceeds individual and branch goals for referrals and closed sales.
- This position requires standing for prolonged periods of time.
Pay ranges represent the low and high-end values of the base salary range for this position. This position is eligible for incentives and an annual corporate bonus based on overall performance.
Grade Value 700P: $18.70 - $26.81
Upon completion of the Cuna Financial Counseling Certification Program employees will advance to a Certified Financial Engagement Coach.
Grade Value 800P: $20.53 - $29.47
Training is scheduled 9:00 am – 5:00 pm at our Corporate Headquarters in Colorado Springs, CO on all of the following dates:
Friday June 16th, Tuesday-Friday June 20th-23rd, and Monday-Friday June 26th-30th.
Air Academy Credit Union (AACU) is an innovative, full-service financial institution committed to its employees and providing value-driven products, convenient electronic banking channels, and world-class member service. With assets over $860 million and over 45,000 members, AACU strives to be a trusted financial partner who helps its members advance their lives, grow financially, and achieve their goals. In addition to helping our members achieve financial success, we are also proud to be an active and engaged community partner who invests time, money, and resources in numerous community organizations and projects each year.
AACU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, ancestry, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law. We perform pre-employment drug testing, consumer credit history checks and criminal background checks.